Fact: we are a little cuckoo for crab these days. After years of seeing the same preparations (not that we would ever turn down a soft shell crab BLT), we’re eager to find more ways that chefs double down on their soft shell crab recipes. Anyone can stick a fried softie on a bun and call it a meal. Lately, the standard recipes just don’t satisfy. The following recipes have intrigued us, but now we’re wondering how all our customers from the markets this week worked their magic…
- Crispy Salt and Pepper Soft Shell Crab
- Crispy Soft Shell Crab with Yuzu Kosho Relish
- Crispy Soft shell Crab with Bangalore style dipping sauce
- Coconut Soft shell Crab with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Keralan sour bass with soft shell crabs and green mango chutney (Warning: Although we are happy to sell you black sea bass & soft shells, you very likely do not have at least 1/3 of the required ingredients in your pantry nor will they have them at your local grocery store but sheesh this recipe sounds amazing…even though we had to google cocum buds).