- 2 each 7 ounce red drum filets
- 2 cup egg wash mixture (3-4 eggs and 1 cup of milk)
- 2-3 cups all purpose flour
- 2-3 cups pecan pieces (pureed in a food processor)
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- Creole seasoning to taste (or substitute drizzled honey)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare egg wash mixture. Combine flour and chopped pecans. Rub the mixture between your hands to smooth out the lumps. Preseason the redfish, egg wash and pecan flour. Coat redfish with egg mixture. Next coat the redfish with the pecan flour shaking off the excess (drizzly honey as desired). Heat oil in a saute pan. Add a pat of butter. Saute fish on one side until golden brown then turn over. Finish cooking on top of stove or place in a 375 degree oven for 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the filets. Remove fish from saute pan and they are ready to eat.